At our meeting on April 6, 2017, Clintonville resident Doug Scholl gave a presentation regarding some actions that NCIL will be taking regarding the baseball diamonds immediately west of the tennis courts at Whetstone Park. These actions are made in cooperation with the City of Columbus Department of Recreation and Parks and are aimed at improving the safety and effective use of those diamonds. NCIL asked for the support of the Clintonville Area Commission. After discussion and public comment, the commission voted to write a letter of support for these actions. You will find a PDF version of the presentation in our documents section on this website under CAC Committee Reports/Minutes.
- The Zoning and Variance committee will meet on April 4, 2017, 7:30 p.m., at the Clinton Heights Lutheran Church, 15 Clinton Heights Ave. (See draft agenda below.)
- The Clintonville Area Commission will meet on April 6, 2017, 7 p.m., at the Whetstone Library
Draft AgendaZoning & Variance Committee
Clintonville Area Commission
Clinton Heights Lutheran Church
15 Clinton Heights Ave.
Columbus, OH 43202
April 4, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
- Call to order.
- Approve agenda.
- Previous meetings’ minutes.
- Next meeting May 2, 2017.
- Discuss presentation given at meeting of proposed Area Commission for the West Side
- 4805 Olentangy Blvd., Variance Request, 3332.27, to reduce the minimum rear yard from 25% to 13%; and 3332.26, to reduce the side-yard set-back from 5’ to 4.3’; District 6.
- 98 Erie Road, Variance Request, to increase the maximum square footage for a garage from 720 sq. ft. to 768; and to increase the maximum height of the garage from 15’ to 21’; District 4.
- 26 W. Henderson, Variance Request, to permit the site to be used as a single dwelling, for C-2 office uses, and specifying that the resident need not be the person using the office. Here isExhibit A. District 6.
- Other business.
After consideration by the Committee on April 4, 2017, the applications will likely be heard by the Clintonville Area Commission on April 6, 2017. The CAC meeting starts at 7:00 at the Whetstone Library.
Click the link “Glen Echo” for 2 page fact sheet on repair of Glen Echo bridge and closure of Indianola Ave. at the bridge location. Link is: Glen Echo
The city of Columbus has released their list of roadways to be resurfaced in 2017. The beginning part of a three-phase program begins March 24. Phase one is an $11.2 million project with Kokosing Construction Co. This phase involves 130 streets and Americans with Disabilities Act compliant curb ramps. Some Clintonville area streets are in line for new asphalt and new curbs and sidewalks, Cooke Road, Dunedin Road, Fairway Drive, Fenway Road, Torrence Road, Weston Place, Zeller Road! Here is the link to all the details:https://www.columbus.gov/publicservice/streets/Resurfacing/
Short North Permit Parking Public Hearing Announced
Councilmember Shannon G. Hardin
Councilmember Shannon G. Hardin, chair of the Public Service and Transportation Committee, is convening a public hearing to review potential changes to the Short North permit parking system.
All interested citizens are invited to offer public testimony. Comments are limited to three minutes. Individuals wishing to offer testimony must fill out a speaker slip the day of the hearing at Columbus City Hall.
For more information, visit: https://www.columbus.gov/publicservice/parking/proposed-short-north-pilot-program/
CPD will be undergoing accreditation later this month. As part of the accreditation program, they are looking for public input and comment. The attached letter explains what they are looking for and when they will be taking public input.